If you want to terminate SMS subscriptions such as jokes, trivia or games, follow these instructions. SMS subscriptions are sent by 3 or 4 digit access codes such as 2827, 4628, etc.
If you receive unsolicited messages from individual mobile numbers or text scams, you may report these to National Telecommunication Commission’s One-Stop Public Assistance Center (OSPAC). You may call 9213251 and 9267722. NTC will then issue an order to deactivate the sender's line after NTC has sent 3 warning messages to the hoax sender.
Ways to verify if you won a SMART promo
- SMART will notify winners via call from access number 7777.
- SMART will ask the winners via call or letter to visit the nearest Smart Store or head office to claim the prize. Winner must present a valid ID upon claiming.
- Promo campaign materials have 4-digit DTI permit numbers which you can verify through the DTI website or DTI consumer hotline numbers 8118231 to 33 (local 1225). Mechanics also indicate how the winnner will be decided and how they can claim the prize.
Please note that SMART does not do the following:
- Ask you to call the company or an anonymous number to confirm your entry.
- Use an unofficial mobile number to contact you.
- Send a SMS notification to contact winners.
- Ask you to give something in exchange of knowing the details of winning or as condition for claiming the prize. Some examples are:
- Sending pasaload
- Sending Call and Text Card PIN Numbers to an unknown mobile number
- Making cash deposit to bank accounts
- Sending Smart Money funds or deposit to a Smart Money account provided
- Release suspicious or unknown promos without campaign ads.